The webinar “Training workshop for experts in the field of standardization and electrical engineering” took place between November 18-19, organized by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), with the participation of the Institute for Standardization of Moldova (ISM).
The following topics were addressed during the webinar:
- Drafting & Editing of Standards: Writing standards, Electropedia, Glossary;
- IEC Online Tools: Experts Management System, Meetings Registration System, IEC Website, Collaboration tools: trainers’ network, Online learning platform;
- Overview of IEC governance and role of an National Committee (NC): NC structure, Governance structure, Council matters, Statutes, General Meeting, IEC management structure;
- Standardization Development & Roles: Technical Committees operations, Standards development process, Support from IEC Central Office;
- Principles of Conformity Assessment: Conformity Assessment Board, Conformity Assessment principles, Conformity Assessment activities of IEC.
Stakeholders from electrotechnical field were informed about how to participate in international standardization activities. ISM is grateful to IEC for the useful information presented.